FUNCTION OF THE GRANULAR ACTIVATED CARBON FILTER:
Highly effective filtration of water for certain Chlorine, odor and improve the taste.
To keep your filter system operating effectively, replace the carbon filter annually or by recommendation of your experienced water condition dealer.
After installing this cartridge, pass 5 gallons of tap water through to flush out any carbon fine particles present in the unit.
WHAT IS GRANULATED ACTIVATED CARBON (GAC) AND WHAT IS ITS MAIN PURPOSE?
Granular activated carbon (GAC) has a huge surface area resulting from its extreme porous structure. Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) filters effectiveness depends on the flow rate and contact time with the water. If the flow rate is very high their efficiency could drop to as low as 0% but if the flow rate is slow their efficiency can even exceed those of various different carbon forms.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF GAC VS. OTHER FORM OF CARBON?
For its primary function of taste, odor and chemical reduction GAC is cheaper, very effective and can be re-used.
- Filter Media: Coconut Shell, Fruit Shell or Anthracite (Coal) Activated Carbon+Polypropylene Length: 10inch
- Micron Rating: Nominal 1um or 5um
- Filtration Life: 3-6 months or 2500gallons
- (Depending on water quality and level of contaminants)
- Max. Operating Pressure: 80psi
- Max.. Flow rate: 2.5GPM
- Max.Operating temperature: 52℃