ULP series of ultra-low pressure aromatic polyamide compound reverse osmosis membrane element newly developed by Vontron Technology Co., Ltd. can work under ultra-low pressure to reach as high permeate flow and salt rejection as regular low-pressure membrane element can, and is applicable to desalination of surface water and underground water. It operates under approximately two thirds of the operating pressure of regular low-pressure composite membranes, and achieves a salt rejection rate up to 99.5%, which can decrease the investment costs for such relevant facilities as pumps, pipelines, and containers, etc. and the operating cost for the RO system, thus increasing the economic efficiency.
Being suitable for the desalting treatment of those water sources with salt concentration lower than 2000 ppm, such as surface water, underground water, tap water and municipal water, ULP series membrane elements are mainly applicable to numerous applications of various scales, such as pure water, boiler water replenishment, foodstuff processing, and pharmaceutical production.
|Model||Active Membrane Area ft2(m2)||Average Permeate GPD(m3/d)||Stable Rejection Rate %||Min. Rejection Rate %|
|ULP21-2521||14 (13)||300 (1.13)||99||98.5|
- Testing Pressure……. 150 psi (1.03Mpa)
- The concentration of Testing Solution (NaCl)……. 1500ppm
- pH value of Testing Solution……. 7.5
- Recovery Rate of Single Element……. 8%
OPERATION LIMITS & CONDITIONS
- Max. Working Pressure……. 600psi（4.14Mpa)
- Max. volume of Feed water…… 16gpm（3.6 m3/h)
- Max. Temperature of Feedwater……. 45℃
- Max. Feedwater SDI15……. 5
- pH Range of Feed Water during Continuous Operation……. 3～10
- pH Range of Feed Water during Chemical Cleaning……. 2～12
- Residual Chlorine Concentration of Feed Water……. ＜0.1ppm
- Max. Pressure Drop of Single Reverse Osmosis Membrane Element……. 15psi（0.1Mpa)
- Max. Pressure Drop of Single Pressure Vessel with Six RO Membranes……. 50psi（0.34Mpa）
- All data and information provided in this manual have been obtained from a long-term experiment by Vontron We confirm the effectiveness and accuracy of the data. assumes no liability for any aftermath caused by the user’s failure in abiding by the conditions specified in this manual in use or maintenance of reverse osmosis membrane products. It is strongly recommended that the user shall strictly abide by the designed use and maintenance requirements and keep relevant records.
- The permeate value listed in the table is the average value. The permeate flow of single membrane element is tolerance not exceeding ±15% of the nominal value.
- All wet-type membrane elements have been strictly tested before leaving the factory, and have been treated with 1.0% sodium hydrogen sulfite (10% glycerin antifreeze required in winter) for storage purpose, then sealed with a plastic bag in a vacuum, and further packed in carton boxes.
- The membrane used should remain wet after being used; In long term suspension, to prevent the breeding of microbes, soak the membrane elements with a protective solution is highly recommended, the solution (prepared with RO filtered water) containing 1.0% sodium hydrogen sulfite (foodstuff-purpose).
- Operate low-pressure flushing for 15-25 minutes of first use, high-pressure flushing for 60-90 minutes when first use (Permeate volume no less than 50% of designed volume). Discard all the permeate and condensed water produced during the first one hour after system start-up.
- During storage time and operation period, it is strictly prohibited to added any chemical medicament that may be harmful to membrane elements. In case of any violation in adding chemical medicament, Vontron assumes no liability for any damages incurred.
- Along with technical development and product renovation, all information will be subject to modification without prior notification. Please keep notice the website of Vontron Membranes for any updates of the product.