25Kg Zeolite Clinoptilolite Powder
Zeolite, which is of volcanic origin and contains the distinctive mineral Clinoptilolite, is an 85% opaline silica and is widely used as a soil amendment for it’s ability to increase water retention in the soil and allow plants to more easily access it. It can hold up to 55% of its weight in water and slowly releases it to the plant as needed.
Zeolite is a naturally occurring, negatively charged product of sea water and hot magma. Its unique porous, cage-like structure works to absorb unwanted positively charged ions and molecules and trap them. This structure has the ability to loosely hold molecules such as calcium, sodium, magnesium and potassium and exchange them when absorbing the undesirable molecules such as ammonia, heavy metals.
- Lawns: For new and existing lawns 20 Kg per 100 square metres in the top 3-4 inches of soil before seeding/laying sod. Apply after aerating existing Lawns. Water thoroughly.
- Allotments/Flower & Vegetable Gardens: Till in 20 Kg per 10 square metres into the top 6 inches of soil before seeding, planting, or transplanting.
- Fruit Bushes: apply 250g-500g to the soil around each plant and lightly till into soil.
- Potting Soils: Thoroughly mix 0.5 to 1 Kg with 10 litre of potting soil and water thoroughly to improve drainage.
- In a compost pile: Use 2 kg per 80 litre compost pile to aid the decomposition of raw materials, absorb odours from the atmosphere, and improve nutrient retention.
- Mulch/Slug Deterrent: lay a ring of zeolite, about a 1/2″ high around hostas or in areas where slugs are known to feed.